POSITION Plant Buyer
LOCATION Headquartered in Camarillo, California. The Buyer position is based in Camarillo, California. The company currently serves all of California and Western Nevada.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP Reports directly to Vice President of Nursery Operations
- Execute orders with our nursery vendors, verify inventory, check specs and pricing, etc
- Process purchase orders in Company’s enterprise software system
- Capture vendor availability information in Company’s proprietary knowledge base
- Maintain and further develop nursery vendor relationships
- Communicate with customers as necessary regarding issues related to the plants our customers have ordered
- Communicate with Transportation group to assist in routing of trucks
- Communicate with Sales regarding availability and other supply issues
- Take on and carry out other responsibilities as assigned by VP of Nursery Operations
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- 2-3 years of experience working at a retail or wholesale nursery
- High attention to detail, strong organization skills, and strong quantitative skills
- Personal qualities that include: high sense of urgency, results orientation, and professionalism
- Solid verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced work environment
- Proven PC skills
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Deep knowledge of California and Western Zone plants - ability to identify most all plants commonly grown in local region by botanical and common names
- Experience working with wholesale distribution enterprise software packages
Salary is competitive and will depend on experience and qualifications. In addition, the company provides a comprehensive health benefits package and a 401K plan.
If you are interested in the Plant Buyer position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
with Bamboo Pipeline.
I work to supply the highest quality plant material in California and Nevada for your landscape projects. We offer the broadest and best selection of landscape materials delivered direct to your jobsite.